Speciality: Islamic Studies, Sufism, Anthropology.
Address: Crous Pitié, 97 Boulevard de l’hôpital, 75013, Paris.
The topic of doctoral thesis is “Sufi Rituals in Multan from the 19th century to Present: A Study of Maulânâ ‘Ubaidullâh Multânî (d. 1305/1888)’s Qawl-i Fasl fi al-Bay‘a wa al-Samâ‘ and its Legacy Today”.
Continuing PhD (2nd year) in Religion and thoughts system EPHE, Paris, France
Master 2 in History and Civilization 2016 EHESS, Paris, France
M.Phil. in Islamic Studies 2015 BZU, Multan, Pakistan
Fazil Darse Nizami 2013 Jamia Islamia Arabia Anwarul Uloom, Multan
Hifz e Quran Tanzeemul Madaris, Lahore
Teacher at Madni Qadiri Public School, Multan September 2013-November 2013
- Touseef, Muhammad. “Sufi Rituals in Multan from the 19th century to Present: A Study of Mawlânâ ‘Ubaidullâh Multânî (d. 1305/1888)’s Qawl-i Fasl fi al-Bay‘a wa al-Samâ‘ and its Legacy Today”, continuing Doctoral dissertation at EPHE, Paris (France)
- Touseef, Muhammad. (2018), “The Ṣūfī Ritual of Samāʿ: A New Perspective, by the Chishtī Master Mawlānā Khwāja ʿUbaydullāh Multānī (d. 1888)”, under review of the journal of Cultural and Religious Studies, David Publisher (U.S.A)
- Touseef, Muhammad. And Papas, Alexandre (2019), “A Introduction to the Unpublished Works of the Sufi Master ʿUbaid’ullāh Multānī’ (d. 1305/1888)”, Unpublished article. EPHE, Paris (France)
- Touseef, Muhammad, and Papas, Alexandre. (2018),“L’histoire du Soufisme à Multan : nouvelles données"published in Journal the History of Sufism 7 (2018) : 199-228.
- Touseef, Muhammad. (2016), “Sufism in Multan: A Study of tazkira Awliya-i Multan”, M. Phil Dissertation under the supervision of Professor Alexandre Papas, EHESS, Paris (France)
- Touseef, Muhammad. (2015), “A Critical Analysis of sufiyana thoughts of Abdul Hakim Sharf Qadri”, M. Phil Dissertation under the supervision of Prof. Shams ur Rehman, BZU, Multan (Pakistan)
- Touseef, Muhammad, (2018), “ʿAllāma Muḥammad ʿAbd al-Ḥakīm Sharf Qādrī: hagiography and his intellectual Heritage”, Pending for publishing in Afkār (Research Journal of Islamic Studies), Pakistan
- Touseef, Muhammad, and Papas, Alexandre, “ʿUbaydallāh Multānī”, in: Encyclopaedia of Islam, THREE (2019), under review.
- Touseef, Muhammad, and Papas, Alexandre, “Khudā Bakhsh Multānī”, in: Encyclopaedia of Islam, THREE (2019), under review.
CONFERENCES AND PRESENTATIONS
Organized an international conference, “Sufism across the subcontinent and Central Asia: Pakistani and French Contributions”, GCU, Faisalabad, Pakistan (6-7 March 2018)
Presented an article at 24th NORDIC conference, “Religion, Rituals, and Change” at University of Oslo, Norway (1-3 August 2018)
Presented a research article in an international conference of “Music and the Sacred” at Helsinki, Finland (12-14 November 2018).
Presented a research article in a seminar of “Asie du Sud et culture persane (XVIe-XXe siècle):
Productions savantes, traductions, interactions” at EHESS, Paris (4 December 2018).
M.Phil. title: A Critical Analysis of Sufiyana thoughts of Abdul Hakim Sharf Qadiri
Master title: Sufism in Multan: A Study of Tadhkira Auliya-i Multan
Arabic Language Course NUML, Multan, Pakistan
Fluent in English, Urdu, Hindi, and normal in Persian and French as well.
Got first position in annual Examination of Darja Aaliya by Tanzeemul Madaris 2011 in all over the Pakistan.
Higher Education Commission (HEC) 90% funded Scholarship for France 2015.
Participating in Essay Writing at Alif.
Received the award of Laptop from Prime Minister of Pakistan in M.Phil.
Merit Award from PIPS. Islamabad, Pakistan.
Prof. Ghulam Shams-ur-Rehman (Associate Professor of Islamic Studies, GCU, Faisalabad, Pakistan).
Ph.D under co-supervision of Prof. Thierry ZARCONE (EPHE, Paris), and Prof. Alexandre PAPAS (EHESS, Paris).